Savory Crème Brûlée With Tomatoes
西红柿奶油布丁

I enjoy making delicacies from different cultures in my kitchen.  It gives me a feeling of having an exotic vacation without travelling.  When I browse through Über mich's blog,  it feels like I am on a French food tour. The beautiful array of French food in her blog look so tantalizing. 

The blog is written in German and French, I used Google Translate and managed to get a few recipes in English.  I started "food sampling" with this Savory Crème Brûlée. The traditional Crème Brûlée,  which is also known as burnt cream,  is topped with hard caramelized sugar.  Über mich's recipe creates a savory version by adding herbs and cherry tomatoes.  Simple ingredients, pleasant and rich taste! Egg yolk, whipping cream, cherry tomatoes and some dried herbs are all you need to make this famous French appetizer.


Crème Brûlée is usually served in individual ramekin. I don't have them at home (time to buy some!) so I served these in mini chinese plates. My family was impressed by the exotic flavors. The slow-roasted cherry tomatoes will burst in the mouth and release their juices for an extra seasoning over the already tasty custard. A delightful appetizer I will make again and again! 

CRÈME BRULEE WITH TOMATOES 
(Recipe adapted from Über mich's blog)
   

Ingredients:
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 200g whipped cream
  • Salt, pepper to taste
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 12 cherry tomatoes
  • 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan (optional)
Directions
  1. Mix the egg yolks with the cream, thyme, salt and pepper.
  2. Ladle into ramekins. Place the tomatoes on top.
  3. Bake in the oven at 100 ° C for 45 minutes.
  4. At 35 minutes into baking, sprinkle Parmesan cheese. Continue baking for another 10 minutes.
  5. Remove from oven and serve.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Melt-in-the-Mouth Pineapple Tarts (Sonia's Recipe)

Cake Muffins Worth Queueing for at Shunfu Market

Air-Fried Buttermilk Chicken