Recently, noticed a few gray hair quietly grown in my head. My daughter came forward to help pull them out, I declined. I believe in the myth about pulling gray hair causing more gray to grow. Maybe it's time to take in more black sesame...
As you might know, black sesame is very nutritious food full of vitamins and minerals. It has the ability to regrow our nature color hair and prevent gray hair.
Thought of buying instant black sesame paste and bring to office as a dessert during coffee break. It's healthy and delectable, isn't it wonderful? However, most of the instant black sesame paste sold in the market disappointed me with too much sugar and flour added. In the end, I gave up on all instant black sesame paste and became a patroniser of one of the dessert chain outlet Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (味香園).
Not long ago, I saw this black sesame paste recipe online. It's a very simple recipe, written in Chinese. I followed this recipe and prepared a bowl of my own black sesame paste instantly. The moment this warm, smooth and aromatic black sesame paste slid down my throat , I knew I could say goodbye to Mei Heong Yuen Dessert (味香園) .
Share with you this easy recipe here, and hope you enjoy such a little pleasure of life as much as I do.
BLACK SESAME PASTE
- 250g black sesame seeds
- 250g rice flour
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add in black sesame seeds and stir constantly. When you hear the crackling sound with smoke comes out, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- On the same pan, put in the rice flour and stir constantly. As the colour turns from snow white to golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Put roasted sesame seeds in a food processor. Process on medium speed about 10 seconds, stop the machine and scrap down the paste.
- Mix the grounded black sesame with the rice flour until well blended. Black sesame paste is ready.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should last a couple of months.
To serve, mix 3 tablespoons of blacksesame paste and one tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. Pour 100ml boiled water into the mixture. Stir gently until it reaches a smooth consistency. Serve warm.
- The amount of sugar and water can be adjusted to your liking.
- You can also make Walnut Paste, Peanut Paste and Almond Paste with the same method.